New Resource: Expand your HIV Toolkit: Cabotegravir and Rilpivirine (CAB/RPV) Essentials and Clinical GuidePosted November 16, 2022
Pacific AETC has developed the Expand Your HIV Toolkit: Cabotegravir and Rilpivirine (CAB/RPV) Essentials and Clinical Guide to inform healthcare providers about CAB/RPV, the first FDA-approved long-acting injectable antiretroviral (ARV) medication for patients with HIV. This comprehensive toolkit includes:
- Recommendations for patient evaluation, screening, and shared decision making when considering prescribing CAB/RPV.
- Implementation tools such as sample checklists, protocols, and resources available to aid in the implementation of offering CAB/RVP in healthcare settings.
The toolkit was developed to enhance the content of a 4-part webinar series held January – April, 2022, titled: Expand your HIV Toolkit: CA Statewide Trainings on Extended-Release Injectable Suspensions for HIV Treatment and Prevention. The series was designed to equip California clinicians, pharmacists, and members of the healthcare team with an in-depth understanding of Cabotegravir/Rilpivirine (Cabenuva). Attendees gained:
- Real-world patient and provider perspectives.
- A guide to patient eligibility, clinical considerations, and insurance coverage.
- Insights to increase equitable access for priority populations.
Register below to watch the 4-part series and access materials.
Subscribe to receive new resources in your inboxSubscribe