A Telehealth Program of the Pacific AETC
Bridging the connection between primary care providers and HIV experts
Mona Bernstein, MPH
Pacific AIDS Education and Training Program
University of California, San Francisco
50 Beale Street, Suite 1300
San Francisco, CA 94105
- Web Site:
- Region Served:
California and Arizona
- Services Provided:
The PAETC HIV Learning Network (HIVLN) is a CME-accredited telehealth HIV mentoring, training and consultation program for California and Arizona clinicians managing a small number of HIV infected patients. HIVLN provides free, live, on-line mentoring and consultation sessions for participating clinicians.
The goal of the program is to expand access to high quality HIV care and improve health outcomes for HIV-infected people residing in historically underserved communities in California and Arizona.
- Disseminate and discuss new guidelines and treatment advances
- Convene online discussions among health care providers to share challenging or instructive cases with colleagues.
- Provide longitudinal learning opportunities to build capacity, expand knowledge, and develop new skills.
- Develop an informed support system and community of learners with guidance from HIV specialists.
- Provide free consultations on specific patients with written recommendations from HIVLN faculty.
HIVLN is a HRSA-funded initiative for health care providers who serve in rural or high-need underserved urban communities in California and Arizona. Participants should meet the following eligibility requirements set by HRSA:
- Do not receive direct Ryan White funding (e.g, Part A or Part C funds)
- Provide care in a rural setting
- Suburban and Urban sites may be eligible if they serve high risk, high need populations. Participation will be decided on a case by case basis. Contact the Program Coordinator for more information.
- Manage a small number (less than 25) of HIV-infected patients or do not currently provide HIV care, but plan to begin caring for HIV-infected patients.
Interested participants who may not satisfy the above eligibility requirements can contact the Program Coordinator, to discuss your needs. Eligibility may be waived under certain circumstances by HRSA.