New: Health Information Technology, Evaluation, and Quality (HITEQ) Center Resources!Posted June 15, 2022
The HITEQ Center is a HRSA BPHC funded National Training and TA Partner (NTTAP) that supports health centers in using health IT to be data-driven organizations that provide comprehensive, high quality, and well-documented care that addresses barriers and realizes value.
HITEQ Training Sessions
You can view HITEQ webinars on your own time to learn different strategies related to social data and population health.
This webinar offered key takeaways and examples to guide health centers through the implementation process, or help health centers with existing social needs screening programs to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement in their EHRs and workflows.
This webinar provided a foundational overview of social determinants of health dashboard design and presents case studies from health centers leading the way on use of social determinants of health data dashboards to build community partnerships, improve linkages to services outside the four walls of the clinic, and demonstrate the value-based impact of social needs services in improving the health, well-being, and quality of life of communities served.
HITEQ provides resources related to different strategies in social need screening.
- Lessons Learned in Social Need Screening: This resource is designed to support health centers by outlining promising practices that were illuminated in the interviews with health centers who found success implementing their social need screening programs.
- How People, Process, and Technology Factor Into Social Needs Screening
- SDOH Data Dashboards Module 1: Introduction to SDOH Dashboard Design
- SDOH Data Dashboards Module 2: SDOH Dashboard Design – Beginner
- SDOH Data Dashboards Module 3: SDOH Dashboard Design – Intermediate
- SDOH Data Dashboards Module 4: SDOH Dashboard Design – Advanced
- Strategies for Collecting Social Needs Data
- Strategies for Determining the Frequency of Social Need Screening
- Strategies for Securing Buy-In for Implementing a Social Needs Screening Program
- Lessons Learned: Implementing and Expanding Social Need Screening Program in Health Centers
- Dashboarding Social Needs Data: Support Population Health and Advance Equitable Care through Visual Display of Social Determinants of Health
- Many health centers are doing some social need screening but are looking to improve screening rates, workflows, and follow-ups.
- Use what is already built-in or available through your EHR or health IT system when possible; as many have reported, this reduces duplicate data entry and allows better use of the information, even if it is less flexible.
- Go where the interest is within your organization, meaning, if there is a group or provider in the clinic particularly interested in social needs, that’s the place to pilot your improvements!
- As you are trying to make improvements, start small or pilot the approach to establish workflows to reduce change fatigue.
- Health centers are finding success by demonstrating how patients’ social need information is being used so staff doesn’t feel like they are asking potentially sensitive questions for ‘no reason.
Subscribe to receive new resources in your inboxSubscribe