Upcoming Webinar Series: The Intersection of Misogynoir, Obstetric Racism & HIV (November 12 and December 3, 2021, and January 7, 2022)Posted October 29, 2021
The Intersection of Misogynoir, Obstetric Racism & HIV: A 3-Part Webinar Series
Join Dr. Karen A. Scott MD, MPH, FACOG for this three-part webinar series “The Intersection of Misogynoir, Obstetric Racism & HIV.” Dr. Karen A. Scott is the Chief Black Feminist Physician Scientist, Founding CEO, and Owner of Birthing Cultural Rigor, LLC, a quality improvement and implementation science, practice, and research firm.
Webinar dates and times are as listed:
- November 12, 2021 @ 9:30—11am (PST)
- December 3, 2021 @ 9:30—11am (PST)
- January 7, 2022 @ 9:30—11am (PST)
The primary aim of this three-part training is to build capacity for diagnosing and dismantling obstetric racism across power relations, differentials, and dynamics in health systems serving and supporting Black women, girls, and gender expansive people living with HIV. The first part of the training will introduce the history, theories, and concepts of anti-Black gendered racism, misogynoir, and obstetric racism. The second and third parts will dig deeper into how obstetric racism intersects with misogynoir and HIV stigma during service provision, training, and evaluation in healthcare settings.
At the end of the proposed training, the participants will be able to:
- Define and describe anti-Black racism, misogynoir, obstetric racism, and HIV-related stigma
- Explain how anti-Black racism, misogynoir, and HIV-related stigma shape pregnancy-related health care expectations and experiences of Black women and people living with HIV
- Summarize the impact of obstetric racism on patient-centered access to health care
- Describe strategies to diagnose and disrupt obstetric racism and HIV-related stigma at the health systems level to improve the impact of care on patient and community experiences
Registration to each webinar is highly encouraged as each event will cover different topics and build off one another.
Webinar 1: https://tinyurl.com/OBRacism1
Webinar 2: https://tinyurl.com/OBRacism2
Webinar 3: https://tinyurl.com/OBRacism3
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $3,278,366 (Pacific AIDS Education & Training Center) with 30% financed with nongovernmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government. This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U1OHA30039 (AIDS Education and Training Centers National Clinician Consultation Center) in partnership with the HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB) awarded to the University of California, San Francisco.
Subscribe to receive new resources in your inboxSubscribe