Upcoming Webinar Series: Expand your HIV Toolkit with CA Statewide Trainings on Extended-Release Injectable Suspensions for HIV Treatment and Prevention (Starting January 20, 2022)Posted January 14, 2022
The purpose of this four-part series is to equip California clinicians, pharmacists, and members of the healthcare team with an in-depth understanding of Cabotegravir/ Rilpivirine, the first FDA-approved long-acting injectable for patients with HIV. Attendees will gain real-world patient and provider perspectives; a guide to patient eligibility, clinical considerations, insurance coverage; and insight into cultural consideration. Participants will also have access to a comprehensive toolkit with FAQs, protocols, and other resources to strengthen confidence when implementing treatment.
Sessions and Learning Objectives
Register for Session 1: Medication Management 101: a foundation in prescribing practices, and clinic implementation experiences
- Interpret the available clinical trial data for injectable cabotegravir/rilpivirine
- Explain logistical challenges for implementation of long acting injectables in a clinical practice setting
- Describe potential solutions to address logistical challenges
- Draw on current real-world experiences implementing and using injectable cabotegravir/rilpivirine
Register for Session 2: Treatment in the Real World: join a patient-provider panel discussion and get answers to your own questions and FAQs
- Discuss patient, provider, healthcare administration experiences with cabotegravir/rilpivirine including cultural humility and medical mistrust
- Identify organizational, clinic, and personnel needs to develop a long-acting injectable program
- Discuss best practices for implementing long-acting injectable program, including the involvement of multidisciplinary roles
Register for Session 3: Injectables for PrEP: foundations in clinical practices and lessons learned from other types of injectables for prevention
- Summarize the implementation considerations for long-acting injectables for PrEP
- Utilize updated PrEP guidelines to apply evidence-based HIV prevention tools.
- Apply shared decision making to support patient choices for PrEP medication choices.
- Identify strategies to support consistent access to PrEP for patients.
Register for Session 4: The Future of Injectables: discuss the possibilities now that prevention and care are possible
- Access a toolkit with checklists, protocols patient and provider FAQs
- Review California ADAP and PrEP AP Coverage and Provider Reimbursement Mechanisms
- Describe promising new injectables for HIV management and prevention in the FDA pipeline
- Discuss local implementation strategies and practical applications for a range of clinical settings
Note: Registration to each webinar is highly encouraged as each event will cover different topics and build off one another.
Approved for 4 AAFP Prescribed credits.
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration(HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services(HHS)as part of an award totaling $3,278,366. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS or theU.S.Government.
Subscribe to receive new resources in your inboxSubscribe