Register Now! Webinar Event for National Women and Girls HIV Aids Awareness Day: Inclusivity in the Fight Against HIV: Empowering Women in HIV Prevention (March 22)Posted March 11, 2022
Join a very exciting webinar event on March 22, 2022 11:00AM-12:15PM PST/1PM-2:15PM CST/2PM-3:15PM EST: Inclusivity in the Fight Against HIV: Empowering Women in HIV Prevention
In observance of National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, join U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Region 6 (Dallas, TX) and 9 (Los Angeles, CA) Prevention through Active Community Engagement (PACE) Program for a virtual panel discussion with partners from across both regions to discuss HIV prevention services among women/girls and learn about innovative strategies to increase HIV preventative measures.
- Review key federal activities and ending the HIV Epidemic updates centered on Women/girls.
- Learn about the impact of HIV/AIDS on women/girls and the role of PrEP/PeP/U=U to end HIV.
- Discuss barriers and challenges impacting women/girls from accessing prevention services.
- Hear innovative strategies from local partners to increase HIV prevention awareness tools among women/girls.
Keynote: Dr. Dilara Uskup Ph.D., Ph.D. Investigator in the Department of Family Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles and an Assistant Professor in Internal Medicine at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Sciences
Moderator: Danielle Campbell Faculty, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, Clinical Research Manager, UCLA, Commissioner, Los Angeles County Commission on HIV.
- Dr. Sami Lubega, M.D, Family Physician and certified HIV Specialist and East Bay Getting to Zero (EBGTZ) Prevention Director and East Bay PrEP and Prevention working group.
- Casandra Martinez, PrEP Navigator Southern Nevada Health District.
- Venita Ray, JD, Co-Executive Director, Positive Women’s Network – USA
- Crystal Starr, Chair of Houston Ryan White Planning Committee
Subscribe to receive new resources in your inboxSubscribe