Register Now for 2-Day Webinar: Challenging Racism & Building Equity in PrEP Uptake for BIPOC Communities (June 22 and 23)Posted June 17, 2022
Please join Pacific AETC – Bay Area, North & Central Coast for an exciting two-day webinar in June!
Title: Challenging Racism and Building Equity in PrEP Uptake for BIPOC Communities
Dates: Wednesday, June 22nd and Thursday, June 23rd, 2022
Time: 10am – 2pm PST via Zoom
Speakers & Topics:
PrEP Data Overview in San Francisco and Alameda Counties
- Hyman Scott, MD, MPH, Clinical Research Medical Director at Bridge HIV (SFDPH)
Challenges to PrEP uptake in BIPOC: Why are we doing so poorly?
- Sheldon D. Fields, PhD, RN, Associate Dean for Equity and Inclusion, College of Nursing at Penn State University
Addressing Medical Mistrust
- Ace Robinson, MPH, Co-Chair, Federal AIDS Policy Partnership
Panel Discussions: “Best Practices to Improve PrEP Uptake among BIPOC People” & “Community Perspectives”
Model PrEP Projects: Reach LA and San Francisco City Clinic
- Describe the role of structural racism in access to PrEP among BIPOC communities.
- Summarize the importance of increasing PrEP utilization among BIPOC communities.
- List barriers and opportunities to engage and retain BIPOC communities in PrEP uptake.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to receive new resources in your inboxSubscribe