Free Billing Learning Community
January 11, 2019
Step by Step: Initiating and/or Enhancing Billable Services
The Primary Care Development Corporation’s (PCDC) Sustainable Strategies for RWHAP Community Organizations is pleased to once again offer a free four-part virtual learning community series: Step by Step: Initiating and/or Enhancing Billable Services.
Series topics include:
- Building Your Internal Billing Infrastructure
- The Medical Billing Process
- Corporate Compliance: Concepts for Policy and Procedure Development
- Revenue Cycle Quality Assurance
Who should take part?
Ryan White-funded Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and AIDS Services Organizations (ASOs) billing staff that are:
- looking to enhance their financial sustainability
- thinking about initiating billable services
- currently providing billable services, but have not initiated billing
- interested in a refresher training to optimize their revenue cycle management practices
PCDC invites you to register and participate in the entire four-part series.
Registration for individual sessions is not available.
What is the format?
Each 90-minute virtual session will:
- guide participants through the basics of the billing and revenue cycle management process
- feature a thought-provoking presentation by an expert with real-life case studies to aid the learning process
- include time for live Q&A/discussion with participants and instructors
Participants will be asked to complete short assignments related to each module and report out to the learning community. This approach will allow participants to share their experiences, barriers, challenges, and successes with like-minded organizations.
- This is a national learning community and topics will be broadly applicable but may not contain state-specific information.
- Both series will contain identical content and participants may only register for one series.
- Due to the participatory and interactive design of the virtual learning community, space in each series is limited.
About the Program
The Enhancing Community Organization Models within the Health Care Delivery System for People Living with HIV (PLWH) is a three-year, U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)-funded cooperative agreement, awarded to PCDC. PCDC named the program Sustainable Strategies for RWHAP Community Organizations. The goal of this National Training (T) and Technical Assistance (TA) program is to support ASOs and CBOs in increasing their capacity to improve engagement and retention of PLWH in care by enhancing service models or partnering with the health care system. Components of the program include learning communities, multiple self-study modules, individualized triage to one-to-one T/TA providers, and other information and resources. For more information about the Sustainable Strategies for RWHAP Community Organizations program, please contact us at:
T: (212) 437-3960
This learning community is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under Grant U69HA30790 (National Training and Technical Assistance, total award $900,000). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government.