ASAM Integration: Six Dimensional Assessment through the Continuum
October 3, 2018
The Pacific Southwest ATTC
Six Dimensional Assessment through the Continuum
Extended Online Learning Series
This six week online interactive series will provide collaborative training and real-time practice opportunities essential to the development and/or refinement of applying ASAM Criteria in a clinical setting. Emphasis is placed on applying ASAM Criteria for in-depth assessment, proper placement, service and treatment planning, continued service and transfer/discharge of clients.
- Behavioral Health, Substance Use Disorders, and Recovery Service providers located in the Pacific Southwest ATTC region (HHS Region 9)
- Baseline knowledge of AND current utilization of the ASAM criteria in clinical practice
Participant Commitment & Expectations:
- View a 20-minute video tutorial on how to use and maximize the videoconferencing platform
- Participate in a live one-hour Orientation to Technology session on your scheduled day/time
- Read Chapter 1 & 7 in The ASAM Criteria (3rd Edition) prior to the week #2 session
- Participate in a 6-week online learning community: 1.5 hours sessions on scheduled series days/time
- Complete ONE hour of weekly learning assignments
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize online videoconferencing platform (i.e., an internet connection, built-in or USB webcam, laptop/tablet, built-in/USB/Bluetooth speakers and microphone)
- Be prepared and actively engage while on camera 90% of the series time
Weekly on the same day and time between October 23 – December 12, 2018. Day and time will depend on our location. Please click “Register Now” icon below to view the full list of scheduled day and times for your specific location.
This series is available to you at no cost. Space is limited to the first 35 registrants who will receive a grant-funded scholarship that covers the entire $250 cost of participation. As a scholarship recipient and in order to receive Continuing Education, it is expected participants will complete the technology sessions; be prepared for and join each session; be live, on-camera at least 90% of the time, as you would an in-person training, and actively engage in group discussions.
Due to limited enrollment, if you cannot commit to the full participant requirements, please defer this registration and scholarship opportunity to others.
More Information: For specific Workwise: ASAM-I Series eligibility requirements, timelines, and objectives click “Register Now” below.
Please email the Workwise Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 775-784-6265 or 866-617-2816 (toll-free).
- Registrants enrolled in this series are required to attend the first two sessions.
- If you cannot attend these sessions you risk being automatically dropped from the series.
- To reach the full learning potential, participants should have access to the appropriate technology by Week 3 and be on camera at least 90% of the time.