June 25, 2013
Hepatitis B and HIV, presented by Greg Melcher, MD
In this webinar, Dr. Melcher reviewed the importance of HBV screening and provided a brief update of the newest HBV treatment options for HIV-infected patients.
- Explain how to diagnose and treat HBV co-infection in HIV+ patients.
- Describe the causes of HBV re-activation in HIV co-infected patients.
- Explain how to monitor and manage end-stage liver disease in HBV and HIV-infected patients.
- Identify appropriate treatment for HIV/HBV co-infected patients.
Dr. Greg Melcher is the Principal Investigator and Clinical Site Director of the UC Davis AETC. He provides primary-care and specialty care for HIV infected patients at the UC Davis Medical Center and at the CARES Sacramento clinic. He has extensive experience in clinical research in HIV care and treatment, spanning a career of 27 years in Infectious Diseases. As a faculty member of the UC Davis AETC and UC Davis Division of Infectious Diseases, he has extensive experience in mentoring and training clinical providers regarding the management of HIV infected patients.
Downloads and Links
- Hepatitis B Virus and Current Management Strategies (391 KB):