This is only a partial list of our educational events. Feel free to contact us with questions about training for yourself or organization.
- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: Rapid Initiation of ART after HIV Diagnosis
October 26, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
RAPID INITIATION OF ART AFTER HIV DIAGNOSIS: JURISDICTIONS SHARE THEIR IMPLEMENTATION EXPERIENCE<br>
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 26: 11:00 AM – 12:30 AM PST
Early virologic suppression after HIV infection improves individual health outcomes and decreases onward transmission. In 2015, the San Francisco Getting to Zero (SFG2Z) Collective Impact effort adopted the Citywide RAPID initiative, to link all new HIV cases to care within 5 days of diagnosis and start antiretroviral therapy (ART) at the first care visit. Over the past year, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, adapted this model and initiated JumpstART navigation services in sexual health clinics. In addition, two clinical delivery systems in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, have implemented distinct approaches to rapidly link newly identified HIV positive individuals into care. During this webinar, each of these jurisdictions will share key lessons learned in the implementation of this high impact prevention approach.
During this webinar, participants will:
- Review the benefits of early ART initiation
- Describe different implementation models of early ART initiation supported by three different jurisdictions in the United States
- Identify patient-, provider-, and systems-level successes and challenges in adopting this strategy
- Dr. Oliver Bacon, SFDPH
- Dr. Tarek Mikati, NYCDOHMH
- Becky McDermott, UPMC Center for Care of Infectious Diseases
- Katie Conroy, Allegheny Health Network
- Moderated by: Diane Jones, SFDPH
Click here to register. Or visit: http://getsfcba.org/events/rapid-art-implementation-jurisdictional-experience/